Next we have the cured meats – the Italian influence! We honestly believe that you cannot find a better or broader selection of cured meats anywhere else, so this really is a heaven for the cured meat lover.
Starting with our own roast gammon (which we slow cook overnight in a specialist, unventilated ham oven to retain all the juices), we move on to local roast topside of beef, cooked rare. Then we discover a cornucopia of Italian hams and salami, including the following little teasers…
- Prosciutto di Parma and Prosciutto Sardo
- Salame di Milano, Salame di Felino and Salame di Napoli
- Bresaola Punta d’Anca (cured beef from Lombardia)
- Finocchiona (Tuscan salami with fennel)
- Pancetta affumicata and Pancetta Magretta
- Schiacciata and Schiacciata Piccante
- Italian Roast ham, one with black truffles and one rolled in herbs
- A particular favourite are the stunning uncooked Tuscan 94% pork sausages in a variety of flavours.
And to round it all off, you need look no further for a great choice of olives, grilled vegetables, dips, pates, cheese biscuits, breads and crackers!